Foxtrot Breedables Code of Conduct
Rules will be enforced as of 6/1/2022
Rules Updated: 5/10/2023
Main Sim, Foxtrot.
Foxtrot breedables community guidelines will follow second life’s community guidelines. We will enforce our policies as we see fit on the main sim.
- The use of derogatory or demeaning language or images based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation is prohibited. Actions that marginalize, belittle, or defame users or groups are similarly prohibited.
- Harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner that is offensively coarse, intimidating, threatening, or causes annoyance or alarm is not allowed.
- Disturbing the Peace on Foxtrot, herein known as the MAIN SIM, will not be tolerated. Examples of prohibited attempts to disturb the peace include, but are not limited to:
- Spamming local chats
- Spawning items that spam particles or noise.
- Posting chat logs locally without the permission of all parties
- Flaming, hostile, or disruptive posts intended to incite a response or encourage others to act inappropriately.
Note: You will be held responsible for any actions taken by, or caused by objects or scripts that belong to, you or your account.
These rules are established for:
Marketplace at FOXTROT.
1. Be kind to each other. If you do not wish to talk with someone, you do not have to. Blocking and Muting people for your protection is allowed by Linden Lab’s terms of service. If you cannot say something kind to someone else, please do not speak to them. The staff of Foxtrot Breedables cannot mitigate all interpersonal interactions. When in doubt, use Wheaton’s Law, an internet axiom that states, “Do not be a dick.”
2. You can rent as many spaces in our marketplace as you like. Spaces are first come, first served. I ask that you be courteous. If you rent every space in the market, you might not get a lot out of that. By Renting Space in our market you are accepting our Rules and Regulations even if you have not read them.
3. No floating or animated signage. Keep your decor and animals inside the constraints of the rental. No wider, longer, or taller than existing structures.
- Paddocks – You can not have anything higher than the fence border unless it is a plant or a pet—no decor ABOVE your paddock and no buildings or builds.
- Shops – Decor/signage is only allowed between the barn doors above the entryway. You may not decorate or cover the upper levels of those shops. They need to stay clean. The front facade must stay in tact to keep our parklike setting. Please do not COVER the entire lower half of the buildings. Tasteful shelving and other items on the outside are OK, and nothing may touch the grass outside or cover the front steps. (Items placed on the steps are okay)
- Pods – Pets and plants only and decor that is tastefully on the pod itself, nothing sitting on top or floating over it
4. If you have a rented location, have something set for sale. If you leave your stall empty, you can’t sell anything. No refunds will be given for empty stalls. They will sit empty on your dime. If your stall is empty and set NOT TO RENEW, we will release it with no refund.
5. Rentals must be paid on time. If your stall is overdue for 48 hours or more, we will reset the stall and return your pets/objects to you. We do our best to IM you to remind you that your stall needs paying, but we cannot know if the messages are capped, so please ensure you are responsible for your payment and keeping up on your rental time. Ultimately the CUSTOMER is responsible for expenses. If you use RLV and we attempt to contact you and cannot, we will not reattempt contact or reach out to anyone associated (I.E. Partners) to try to reach you. This is your responsibility, not ours, to track you down.
6. We do not tell you what to price your foxtrot breedables pets/plants for. But make sure you are happy with the price you are selling them for. This is a free market, meaning anyone can set prices for whatever they wish. If you feel that someone’s prices are too low, purchase those products and resell them yourself, the company will not MANAGE pricing in the secondary market
7. DO NOT cover your rental box. We need to be able to access them. If your rental box is covered, we will return items without notice. (we prefer to ask, but sometimes if you don’t get back to us, we have to send stuff back. Sorry. )
8. If the sim is on a waiting list, you can put in a support ticket and get added to that. Anyone caught attempting to harass renters or bribe other renters for spots in the hopes of circumventing our list will forfeit their places in line.
9. If you are next on the waiting list and a spot is reserved, you have 24 hours to take up that spot. After 24 hours we will move on to the next person in line.
These rules are established for
The Foxtrot Breeadbles official Second Life Group, Foxtrot Breeadbles Advertising Club, and Official Foxtrot Discord group:
- Respect Sebastien, Raven & the CSRs. Blocking Seb or Raven and/or the CSRs will result in a ban from discord.
- Respect one another; please do not fight.
- Racism, Sexism, Transphobia, Homophobia, etc., are NOT permitted.
- The Discord server is, in general, PG-13. Places that are NSFW will be labeled 18+
- No spamming. Please keep multi-posts to a minimum.
- In general, follow Wheaton’s Law (Wheaton’s Law is an internet axiom that states, “Don’t be a dick.” It was initially used in the context of sportsmanship in online gaming, but its scope was eventually expanded to apply to life in general.)
- Sexual Harassment of any member at any time will not be tolerated.
- Server/Group-wide concerns go DIRECTLY to Sebastien. If it is deemed appropriate, changes can be made, and announcements will be put forth.
- NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION NONE. NO PANDEMIC DISCUSSION. NONE.
- This discord is Drama-FREE. If you are caught engaging in, starting, or perpetuating drama, you will be banned for the safety of our remaining members. (This is a VERY subjective rule, and its enforcement is up to Sebastien.)
- We know how our system works and what is possible. If you tell us something APPEARS to have happened and we suggest it may be something else, fighting us on what we know will not endear you to us, we want to help you, but you have to want to get the help too. The customer can’t always be right in this case. Sometimes it’s just not something you (As the customer) can control. We (Sebastien and the scripter) Have the final say on what things DO and DO not happen within our system.
ENFORCEMENT OF RULES:
Foxtrot Breedables is always open to feedback. If you have concerns about the rules, please let us know, and we will discuss them internally. We may or may not change regulations based on customer feedback, but we can’t understand what you do and don’t like without you telling us.
Keep in mind that FOXTROT BREEDABLES is NOT a democracy. If Sebastien or CSRs make a ruling, it is to be followed. Someone of a higher rank may only overturn the decisions. ( When in doubt, speak to Streex Foxtrot in Second Life)
Attempting to circumvent or deny a disciplinary action will move the action directly to Sebastien, who will handle it subjectively based on the evidence presented.
1. WARNING – 24 hours to repair or fix issues before enforcement. (on the first warning. After this, subsequent violations will not have a warning before we start object returns)
2. WARNING: Placed on Suspended ROLE in world chat and discord and removed from the main sim for 48 hours. Items or decor returned without notice.
3. Removed from Chat, The main sim, and discord for one week, and removed from rental with a 1-month suspension before renting again.
4. Banned from the Foxtrot Breedables official groups, Discord, and the main sim. ( you will not be banned from the server itself. Your pets will still work, but you will have to get supplies on the marketplace)
Disciplinary action is at SEBASTIEN’S discretion, and if he feels he needs to SKIP DISCIPLINARY action, he can and will.